Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Review of Nicole Williams' CRASH



Crash (Crash, #1)


GENRE: New Adult / YA
STAR RATING: 3.8



Jude:
description


I found this a frustrating read, because there were aspects I liked while there were definitely parts that I found annoying. When I bought the book I thought I was getting a dance story, which is THE reason I got it, but partway through I went oh o, not a dance story but one of the run of the mill bad boy meets good girl stories, where he laments that he's not good enough, she makes him go through the ringer, and so forth. And it was pretty much like that - a milder version of Beautiful Disaster, although I did like this book better, because Lucy wasn't horrible like Abby (I HATE ABBY).


description

What I liked about CRASH:

It was an okay read, the chemistry between the two main characters fairly good, and the beginning chapters were interesting, plus a certain twist in the book made me up the marks from a 3 to a 3.8 stars, although I still don't understand how Jude couldn't know that Lucy was the sister of a certain someone that a certain someone did something to (Sorry, I can't elaborate, because it's a spoiler, but people who have read the book will know what I mean).


Lucy/Luce:
description

What I didn't like about CRASH:

The repetitiveness of Jude saying he wasn't good enough for Lucy, that it would be better for Lucy to stay away from him. I really got tired of that part, plus Lucy could be infuriating at times, although I didn't dislike her. The miscommunications were also frustrating, plus I thought the bit where Jude saved Lucy from a certain someone at the party was rather contrived, and I could see it coming.


Conclusion: An okay read. I might get the second story, I might not, but I'm not bothered either way.


AMAZON LINK: AMAZON US     AMAZON UK

No comments:

Post a Comment