Sunday, October 1, 2023
Monday, September 25, 2023
I was playing about and ended up making D'Angelo's cover. It was totally unplanned, but I'm very pleased that I went with the flow, because I love the writing and colours.
P.S. I was also playing about yesterday, and ended up writing the start of this book, another unplanned moment. I was taking a break from editing Skins, which only has 8 pages left to check over, and decided to possibly write something for a cover that was made years ago. But the D'Angelo family hijacked the story, turning it into theirs, or in particular, Frano's son. He's not too happy about the arranged marriage that his father has set up for him.
Friday, September 22, 2023
A Broken Live's Spin Off, featuring Jasper Rakete, along with Jenna Hamilton and Marko from Graffiti Heaven, plus many more characters from all of my New Zealand series and books.
Blurb to come...
#PrisonDrama #PrisonRomance #Erotic #UndercoverAgent #JasperRakete #JennaHamilton #Marko #Rhoda #Leila #Phelia #Skins #Gangs #DevilsCrew #Bikers #Auckland #NewZealand
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Here's the first book of my prison/gangland drama, which will be classed as drama, romance, and possibly erotica. It's a spin off from Broken Lives, with Jenna Hamilton, Jasper Rakete, and Marko Čerin having points of view. Jenna is on the cover. Here's the Goodreads' link: Skins Goodreads Page It's almost finished, with June or July as a possible publication month.
Thursday, March 23, 2023
Here's an unedited peekaboo at a scene with Jenna and Phelia talking about Jasper in the ladies' restroom at the pub (from Chapter 9). It's from Jenna's point of view. I'll pop in Phelia's name so you know the first line belongs to her, with Jenna following. Also, different characters have different speech patterns, hence the change between cos and 'cause/wuz and was. BTW, the book is practically ready to send out to my editor, but I'll wait a tick until I finish the second book, which is already well under way and won't take long to finish (a week or two). You'll have two books very close together. I'm doing it like this so you don't have to wait much. I might put them out two weeks apart. Just remember, they aren't episodes like My Masters' Nightmare, they are novels.
P.S. If you don't already know, Jenna and Phelia are prison guards at a men's prison.
Phelia pressed her lips together.
“What is it?”
“You don’t want Marko, cos you want Jasper Rakete.”
“No, fucking way, he’s a prisoner.”
“You still want him.”
“If you’re talking ’bout my smile the other day, it wasn’t at him. I was thinking ’bout shit and he just happened to look up at the wrong time.”
“You don’t needa lie, he’s hot as fuck, totally drop dead gorgeous. Even Mackleby would hit that,” she smirked, “and not with his fist.”
My brow shot up. “He’s bi?”
“More like bi curious for Jasper. That hot fucker made him question his sexuality. Poor Macka got totally weirded out for a while until I calmed him down, telling him that some people can blur preferences, that they're basically gender hall passes. Not like he could act on it, cos Jasper would kill him if he even tried.”
“Plus, Jasper’s a prisoner,” I said, like that wasn’t her first thought as to why Mackleby wouldn’t try it on.
“Yeah, that too. So, chill, you hafta be blind not to find him hot. Just be careful with him, he got another...”
She snapped her mouth shut as the woman flushed the toilet, exiting the cubicle. Phelia turned to touch up her lips, then held out the lippy to me as the woman washed her hands next to us. Not opposed to sharing, I took it, noticing the woman looking at me.
“Your abs are hot,” she said, watching me do my lips.
“Thanks,” I replied, handing the lippy back to Phelia.
“Are you...” her heavily rimmed eyes flicked to Phelia, “a couple?”
“God, no,” Phelia answered. “Just workmates, I like men.”
The woman looked at me. “What about you?”
“Same, I love dick.”
She wrinkled her nose. “What a waste,” then walked out, the door swinging behind her.
Phelia laughed. “You just got hit on by a chick.”
I shrugged. “It’s happens a lot. I must give off some kind of vibe.”
“Nah, it’s this.” She slapped my sixpack. “It hooks ’em in.”
“I wanna hook a guy.”
“Don’t worry, it’ll happen, just make sure you don’t flash that to any of the prisoners. They’d come in a second.”
I laughed. “Not planning on it.”
Her face went serious again. “And especially not Jasper. He got another guard fired, hooked her right in, making her think he wuz in love with her. She totally fell for it, and who wouldn’t with his looks. Just be careful with him, he’ll make you think you’re the best thing since slice bread then drop you like you’re dirt.”
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
That's 17,047 words of SKINS written so far this week. It's turning into more than a prison drama, family drama and gangland drama now part of it. Yes, a major chunk is behind bars, but a lot is also at the Skins' headquarters. I've just finished Marko's chapter, while Phelia really is a piece of work, only getting worse since Broken Lives. While Jenna, bless her heart, is still a self-confessed dickhead, lol, but one who is genuinely trying her hardest to do good.
Anyway, I need to ask a question, since this story is flying across my computer. Are you willing to wait a week for the next chapter of Hungover so I can write more Skins while inspired? Or should I just finish editing the next chapter of Hungover, putting Skins on hold until next week?
Choices. Either way, I will have two books ready for publication within close proximity of each other.
What would you like?
I'm also willing to put up snippets of SKINS on here.
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
I ended up writing just under 12,000 words yesterday on SKINS, and probably would've written more if my husband didn't grumble, lol. I haven't written this much in a day since the time I wrote about 19,000 words for a My Masters' Nightmare episode years ago.
Anyway, this is what I have so far:
1) Jenna gets an undercover role as a prison guard. I have two scenes before she goes in, and a couple inside the prison so far, one where she meets Jasper. That scene is from his point of view.
2) She also meets the other prison guards, one that surprises her, as he wasn't in her dossier.
3) You will see Kelley in another scene with Jenna, as they are flatmates now, Jenna having made amends with Kelley. She never gave up on paying for her past sins, and remember, she was 15 and 16 in Crying Out Silent and Graffiti Heaven, so has grown up significantly. She is now 27.
4) Jasper's first prison scene O_O I won't say more.
5) The most interesting scene for me was at the Skins headquarters, a surprise connection popping up.
6) Marko is back and has a point of view for the first time. You will know him from Crying Out Silent and Graffiti Heaven. You will also be surprised at who he is related to.
7) Leila is also back, she is from Behind the Hood. She has a couple scenes with Marko so far. He has changed significantly, and is not happy with the way his life has gone.
8) I might be taking Killer out of the first Skins' headquarter's scene. I think Fabian might work better in that chapter. He's the vice prez of the Skins. Milan will also be in that scene.
9) It's turning out to be a SKINS story through and through. The feud with the Devil's Crew is still there, the DC having rebuilt themselves back up, and are once more causing issues for the Skins. The Sousa twins are at the helm this time, with Matheus as the new leader, and his brother in prison. Matheus hasn't shown yet, but you do see Rafael in a prison fight scene (the guy who had a thing for Killer). He's still a massive arsehole, Jenna making an enemy of him on day one of the job. Before Jenna became a cop, she worked as a prison guard in a woman's prison. And because of it, she thinks that putting someone in their place would work the same in the male prison. She will soon learn that isn't so, especially since Rafael holds grudges.
I'm so excited for this story!