OVERWHELMED isn't going to save my writing career, which means I'm freaking desperate now with hardly anytime to fix things. Although I still have people helping with advertising it, I need to have another means to get ahead. So, this is what I'm going to do, and it's going to leave me absolutely exhausted after the time frame I've given myself.
1) I will write RICARDO in two weeks. Yup, I said two freaking weeks! I've already written 10,000 words, so have 70,000 left. After the 2 week period I will be sending the first lot of edits out, so whoever wants to beta read tell me. I've already got a couple of ladies from my author's face book page, so I'm open to including more. But, don't think the book will be shit because I'm writing it fast, I already have the structure and know where the story is going and basically what's going to happen. It's worked out, which is unusual for me as my stories are usually organic and takes me where it wants to go.
2) Basically, I want to get this book out by August. Yes, I was supposed to get Behind the Secrets out by August, but I know that book will only sell a handful and will be the end of the line for that series if I write it now, and there's no way in hell that I want Behind the Lives to finish since it's my favourite series out of all of my writing. So, it will just have to be pushed back to November. Don't worry, it's still being published, I just need to get a money making book done so I can keep writing. (And I'm not just after money, otherwise I wouldn't be a freaking writer, I get paid more to paint. All I want is to be paid more than a cent per hour for writing! I want to actually contribute to my family, not to lose money by writing these books. So, it's not for the money, it's for groceries, my kids' school fees, the clothes on our backs. It's a living I'm after - to actually get paid for my work).
3) Why do I think Ricardo will be a money maker. Because I am bowing down and giving in to writing a popular styled formula book, with a twist of course: the mafia. Though, I must admit, I do like this type of book, it's what I tend to read, and probably something I should've written a long time ago. So, what's the style? RICARDO is a HEA story, which is part of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. It's also romance with a tinge of darkness. And for all of you who love My Masters' Nightmare. The Santini Brothers is a spin-off so will continue the story, throwing you into the mafia war caused by the Donatelli. It just won't have the freakiness of MMN. Anyway, you will see Bianca, she will be the main female in book 1, you will also see Alessandro, he will get his own book, and yes, Jagger and the other D'Angelos will have cameos.
4) My Masters' Nightmare Episode 11 is still on track to being published on time. I just thought I'd tell you that so MMN lovers don't panic.
5) Also, if you can, could you please tell your friends and make recommendations about my other books, whichever ones you like. I need help to get them more out there.
6) 100 ARCs will be sent out of RICARDO in July.
SO, let me know what you think.
Yeah, I'm crazy.