Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

My Pseudonym Reveal

 Joshua's Cross by M. A. Plume (aka. Marita A. Hansen)


+

A web of tears

A litany of fears

A media sensation

A parody of nations

+

But you will be the first

On the worldwide stage

Of this intolerant, insufferable age

My dear America

+

Joshua’s Cross is my pseudonym book. In it, I say I’m not going to divulge my name, but my pseudonym is burying it, making it invisible amongst the millions books on Amazon. And I didn’t write it to go unseen, so... I’m connecting my name to it so my readership can choose to read it or not. I say this last part because you may not want to read it, as it’s a very in your face book. It’s a social commentary about America, a view from the outside looking in. At the end of the book, it says that I may have gotten some things wrong, while other things right, though the main point is for the reader to start a debate by telling me in their reviews what they think of the story, of the topics. Am I right or wrong, or a bit of both? However, the book isn’t about me, I only have a point of view at the beginning and a very small one at the end. The book is about the characters: DeShawn, Joshua, Izzy, Nico, Jessica, Maggie, Harold, and so many more, representing different sectors of America. It’s also a plot driven book, one that shadows a very old story, the tale of Saint John the Baptist and Jesus, or more like a mirroring, DeShawn and Joshua making the story their own, setting it in contemporary times. Plus, Joshua tells his followers (many times) that he is not Jesus. He is an activist and a preacher.

So, give it a go, and don’t get put off by the seriousness of the beginning, or the satirical chapter. Promise me you’ll read at least four chapters (Amazon's free sample stops somewhere in chapter 5). And once you get to the end of Jessica’s chapter, if you don’t wish to continue, no worries.

It’s in your hands.

Also, remember, everyone has different opinions, so don’t get offended if you don’t like what you read. I’m not doing it to offend you, just tell me if you disagree. Debates are healthy, stewing on something isn’t.

Also, they're characters, doing things that would fit their personalities. So, also don’t assume I agree with all of them, because, first and foremost, it’s a story. I don’t always have control over my stories, they take me where they want to go. Writing for me is organic, so sometimes I write not knowing what’s going to happen next or how I’m going to portray a character. Other than, I write what fits them, not me.

Happy reading (I hope!)

Haere Ra,


Marita.

No comments:

Post a Comment