Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIN A FREE COPY OF "BEHIND THE HOOD."

Be into WIN a free copy of the ebook BEHIND THE HOOD from Smashwords by either tweeting about it on Twitter, retweeting my messages, or liking or sharing it on Facebook. Also, get double the chance by answering the question below.

QUESTION: Who is the friend that Tama goes to see in this sample: Sample Sunday: BEHIND THE HOOD (Chapters 1 and 2)  Clue: Tama thinks his friend looks like a famous US television star.

Send me the answer in a Direct Message via Twitter or Facebook.  (If you are not following me you can do this by clicking on the connections made available at the side and bottom of this page, then click follow or add friend.  Once I have accepted your request you will be able to send me the answer in a message).  

And to triple your chances IN THE DRAW follow my blog.

BOOK BLURB:

Life on the rough side of New Zealand.

In this South Auckland neighbourhood where gang culture, drink, drugs, sex and violence is already a way of life, a vicious attack on a teenage girl sparks a ripple effect of revenge and fury. Live the carnage through multiple viewpoints as the tale unfolds to a bloody climax.

Warning: NOT for the fainthearted.


An Amazon review of "Behind the Hood."





5.0 out of 5 stars Intense!!, August 16, 2011
By 
This review is from: Behind the Hood (Behind the Series) (Kindle Edition)
INTENSE! I could probably leave my review at this one word and that would say it all. What a nerve wracking read. At first I thought there were going to be too many point of view characters for me to get involved emotionally, but they all tied back to each other perfectly. I had no problem keeping track of who was who and how they related back to each of the other characters. By the last three-quarters of the book I had the phones turned off and the Do Not Disturb sign hung on the door. I had to know what was going to happen and I didn't want any interruptions. Marita Hansen did not disappoint. I can't wait to read the sequel.

(Middle cut due to spoilers in chapter 1).

This novel is brutal in its honesty, giving a true-to-life picture of gang life and the destruction that goes along with it. If you're at all squeamish, this is probably not the book for you. Lives are destroyed, whole families destroyed, in a matter of seconds because of selfish desires. I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on and it had me cringing in a few places---praying in others. I got attached to these characters in the short time it took me to read it and it hurt me when they got hurt. At the same time I'm being repulsed by what's taking place, I'm also getting pulled in. It takes real talent to pull off a story like this. I can't wait to read the next one by Marita Hansen. This story may take place in New Zealand, but the same story could be told in any gang territory in the States. Definitely earned the five stars I'm going to give Behind the Hood.

THIS COMPETITION WILL END ON THE FIRST FRIDAY OF SEPTEMBER (9 A.M. Singapore time). The winner of the DRAW will be notified by either Facebook or Twitter.  If you have any questions please either contact me via this blog or direct message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment