Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Teenage Diaries from 1988-1991

I might be humiliating myself in the near future by publishing my teenage diaries from 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1991. I read extracts to my daughter tonight and she was laughing so hard, and I was going what the hell? I was a complete and utter embarrassing git. But my daughter said my teenage thoughts were adorable and that they were the funniest thing out (they weren't meant to be!) It was because I would rant about something, saying I would do a whole lot of stuff, writing some really embarrassing things, then the next day I'd write: Forget what I wrote yesterday I was just being paranoid. My daughter couldn't stop laughing because I would go through whole plans to do something really stupid then discount it the next day. I asked my daughter whether teenage girls would want to read my diaries (embarrassing thoughts about boys, angst about family dramas, life, work...all real stuff, nothing edited) and she said yes, and my daughter is brutally honest, her laughing over my teenage thoughts enough to make me consider doing it now.

Though, I'm going to test it out on a writing site first under a pseudo name, because it REALLY is embarrassing reading about how wide-eyed and clueless I was back then and putting my private thoughts out there for everyone to see. But I have been thinking about this for a while now, so it is very likely now.

2 comments:

  1. now this I got to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely and horrifyingly humiliating! Honestly, my daughter couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe I wrote those things.

      Delete